The Emergence Of Latin America In The Nineteenth Century
The first comprehensive survey of Latin America in the formative period from the attainment of independence to 1880, when a quickening of economic growth and relative political stabilization ushered in a new phase of development, this book combines a review of issues and problems pertaining to the region as a whole with more detailed discussion of specific national case studies. It examines the preliminary experiments in nation-building throughout Latin America and the conscious attempts in most countries to adopt a liberal model of socioeconomic and political development. Incorporating important new scholarship on Brazil, Argentina, and Colombia, the authors provide complete coverage of the entire region during a critical era that shaped contemporary Latin America.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780195044638
- ISBN: 0195044630
- Publication Year: 1988