The Edge Of Sanity
After high school, all eighteen-year-old Olivia wants is a new start. But when she quits her summer job in Yellowstone National Park (all she will say about the situation is that it involved a guy named Lindsey, too much medication, and a super-sized Coke cup full of vodka), Olivia, a former straight-A student, descends into a life of bipolar madness. It's like being stuck on the Viking ship on the carnival after Mexican night at the employee dining room-nauseating at first, disorienting, but once you give in and enjoy the ride it can become exhilarating. The characters Olivia meets along her travels are bizarre enough to rival any freak show. There's Jenny and Polly the three hundred pound multiple-personalitied lesbians; Dave her schizophrenic tattooed mentor; John Motherfuckin' Ryan the traveling hippy/gypsy/pirate; Ed the redneck psychic; and the car that carries her through it all, her trusty '94 Saturn, a character in its own right. Through it all, she keeps on driving, to the edge of sanity, perhaps beyond. And the ultimate realization is that no matter how weird it gets, you just have to trust your bliss and everything will be all right.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Iuniverse Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780595433827
- ISBN: 0595433820
- Publication Year: 2007