The Dictionary Of Science Fiction Places
GILEAD, Margaret Atwood's sexually oppressive society in The Handmaid's Tale A. E. Van Vogt's IMPERIAL CITY, the seat of power of the Isher dynasty, which ruled Earth, Mars, and Venus for nearly five thousand years MONARCH TOWER, the twenty-third-century New York skyscraper in Alfred Bester's The Demolished Man Isaac Asimov's utopain space habitat, ROTOR These are but a few of the many places Brian Stableford visits in this extraordinary directory of the most famous and interesting locations, both on and off Earth, invented by writers of science fiction. In fascinating detail, Stableford illuminates the history, geography, and inhabitants of the strange worlds created by more than 250 writers ranging from Cyrano de Bergerac and H. G. Wells to Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury. Meticulously cross-referenced, with brilliant illustrations by the well-known fantasy and science fiction artist Jeff White, this unique volume is a browser's delight and first-class reference tool for every science fiction fan.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Huebner Road
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Fireside
- ISBN-13: 9780684849584
- ISBN: 0684849585
- Publication Year: 1999