The Curse Of Carne's Hold: A Tale Of Adventure
Legend has it that the large house, known as Carne's Hold, is cursed. A mysterious death, generations ago, has led to the general belief that madness permeates the Carne family. When Miss Margaret Carne is ghastly murdered, the townspeople are convinced that this curse still exists. Though the evidence is not conclusive, Miss Carne's cousin, Ronald Mervyn, finds himself the prime suspect for her murder. A former military officer, Ronald rejoins the army in an attempt to begin a new life. His acts of bravery during the Xhosa Wars in South Africa, bring him renown and precipitate the necessity to confront his past and clear his honor. Will Ronald Mervyn clear his name? Who really murdered Miss Carne? Can the curse of Carne's Hold be broken? These and other questions will be answered in G. A. Henty's The Curse of Carne's Hold.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781479126699
- ISBN: 1479126691
- Publication Year: 2012