The Culture Wise Family: Upholding Christian Values In A Mass Media World
Sex. Graphic killings. Profanity. Adultery. Flip on the television, head for the movie theater, or open a newspaper and you can t get away from it. How do you raise a family in a world supersaturated with media extolling toxic values that are not your own? Media critic Dr. Ted Baehr and legendary entertainer Pat Boone draw from their own extensive experiences and interviews with experts to help readers understand the power of the media and its influence on families. They also examine the ongoing threats to family values by those in the media who promote a humanistic worldview. Media consumers are challenged to understand their own worldviews, make wise choices and are given the information they need to do so. Baehr and Boone also look at the progress that has been made in family values programming in Hollywood, and offer hope for the future.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Chesterfield
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Baker Pub Group
- ISBN-13: 9780830743056
- ISBN: 0830743057
- Publication Year: 2007