The Crisis Of Causality: Voetius And Descartes On God, Nature And Change
This book on the reception of Cartesianism in the Netherlands provides a detailed analysis of the arguments of Gisbertus Voetius (1589-1676) against theNew Philosophy of Ren Descartes and explains Voetius' standpoint as an attempt to secure the philosophical basis for theology especially as regards God's government of the physical Universe.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Brill Academic Pub
- ISBN-13: 9789004103719
- ISBN: 9004103716
- Publication Year: 1995