The Copper Road: Beyond The Promise
Shire is far from home, his old life in Victorian England a fading memory. He's battled through war-torn America to keep a cherished promise to his childhood companion. Now she's pushing him away, while the war won't let him go. Fighting for the Union, Shire must survive the brutal campaign for Atlanta and try to imagine a future without her.Clara is free from her husband but not from his ghost. After a violent end to an abusive marriage, she struggles to keep her home in the Tennessee hills as the war steals away its treasures and its people.Tod, a captured Rebel, escapes in Pennsylvania. His encounters on the long road back to his regiment cast the Civil War in a different light. He begins to question his will to fight.Three young lives become wrapped in the Confederacy's desperate need for copper. Friendships, loyalty and love will be tested beyond breaking point. Shire has new promises to keep.The Copper Road is the second novel from award winning writer Richard Buxton. Book one of Shire's Union, Whirligig, was shortlisted for the Rubery International Book Award.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Trade Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Lewisville
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Ocoee Publishing
- ISBN-13: 9780995769335
- ISBN: 0995769338
- Publication Year: 2020