The Company Of Women
Mary Gordon’s fiction explores the nature of love of religion, of family relationships and, in every sense, illuminates and enhances our lives. Raised by five intensely religious women and a charismatic, controversial priest, sheltered from the secular world, Felicitas Maria Taylor is intelligent, charming, and desperate for a taste of ordinary happiness. More freedom than she has ever imagined awaits her at Columbia University in the 1960s. There, Felicitas falls in love with the worst man for her—with shattering results. Now she must turn again to the company of the women who love her, as she struggles to embrace the future without betraying the past.  Praise for The Company of Women“A superb, stunningly written novel.”—The Philadelphia Inquirer“Rich . . . satisfying . . . a work of vast intelligence and enormous charm.”—Newsday
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- ISBN-13: 9780345483010
- ISBN: 0345483014
- Publication Year: 1986