Groundhog Day meets Scream Queens in this creepy, fun, and commercial teen read.Halen has just moved to Whimbrel Island with her father, and now that the summer tourists have gone, the island feels suffocatingly small and empty. Looking for adventure, Halen quickly befriends the local hottie, Alton Vanderpool, and when they sneak out to the beach at night, she finds an antique necklace in the sand. Later that evening, Halen hears a haunting song in the wind. The next morning, she meets Baxter Mace, a scruffy local who follows her when she goes exploring on dangerous cliffs. They watch as the ferry to the mainland capsizes, and when they head into town to help, realize a killer is on the loose. Terrified, Halen and Baxter hide out in the woods, but they're found, and then they die, too. Until the next morning, when the day repeats itself. Baxter and Halen are the only ones who remember what happened, and they repeat their living nightmare again and again. As the cycle continues, the two try to figure out what's going on: Why does Halen feel sick every time she takes off the necklace? Where is the eerie singing coming from? And who, or what, is killing everyone?
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Appleton
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
- ISBN-13: 9780399545917
- ISBN: 0399545913
- Publication Year: 2020