The Clever Gut Diet: How To Revolutionize Your Body From The Inside Out
"From #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Fast Diet and The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet comes a groundbreaking new book about your gut--known as the "second brain" of the body--that explains how taking care of its good bacteria can lead to optimal health and weight loss. People often joke about "going with their gut" but the truth is that this part of your body exercises an astonishing degree of control over your mood, hunger, and general health. Written with the latest research on the microbiome--the alien bacteria that lives in our guts--The Clever Gut Diet also clearly explains what goes on inside your stomach and intestines every day. Discover up-to-the-date science on hunger hormones and learn how our "second brain" communicates with the rest of the body, shaping our appetite and immune system. Although this is primarily a how-to book, Dr. Mosley uses his own body and experiences as a narrative, sharing his own personal journey of discovery. He explores prebiotics, probiotics, and the impact of antibiotics. The book also includes a comprehensive and delicious menu plan, provided by a leading dietician, which ensures that you will grow only the finest plants in your own internal garden. Finally, you can discover once and for all how to lead a life of optimal weight maintenance, improved physical health, and an overwhelming sense of balance and calm"--
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Parmer Crossing
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Atria Books
- ISBN-13: 9781501172731
- ISBN: 1501172735
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: 1