The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest To Transform The Grisly World Of Victorian Medicine
Presents an account of how Quaker surgeon Joseph Lister developed an antiseptic method that indelibly changed medicine, describing the practices and risks of early operating theaters as well as the belief systems of Lister's contemporaries.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Corpus Christi
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Scientific Amer Books
- ISBN-13: 9780374537968
- ISBN: 0374537968
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: Reprint