The Burlington Magazine: A Centenary Anthology
"The Burlington Magazine" has maintained a high, international reputation for publishing authoritative writing on all aspects of art history since its foundation in 1903 by a group of distinguished scholars headed by Roger Fry, Bernard Berenson and Herbert Horne. Now, in celebration of its centenary, an art historian has compiled this selection of some of the most significant articles, reviews, editorials and obituaries to appear in it under successive editors during the 20th century. The choice conveys the Magazine's variety as well as its quality and indicates its concern with modern art, and art beyond Europe, in addition to traditional areas of study.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Yale Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780300099119
- ISBN: 0300099118
- Publication Year: 2003