The Board Of Directors: Corporate Governance And The Effect On Firm Value
Boards of directors are a central feature of any corporate governance regime. The role of directors and how they affect firm value and policies is examined in depth in academic literature. However, it is easy to get both lost and overwhelmed when searching through the literature review that investigates several characteristics, often one at the time. This book provides a careful and concise look at corporate finance literature, specifically with regard to the board of directors, summarizing the main findings and reconciling them. This book documents the pros and cons associated with the various attributes of the board and the directors as found in the current literature and provides sections geared specifically to practitioners in this space, as well, allowing for a better and more comprehensive description of this important corporate governance mechanism. The resulting book aims to facilitate the interpretation of changes in corporate governance through the lens of the recent academic literature.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Pivot
- ISBN-13: 9783319966151
- ISBN: 3319966154
- Publication Year: 2018