The Art Of The Miniature: Small Worlds And How To Make Them
For anyone who adores the art of creating small things, The Art of the Miniature provides a treasure trove of practical techniques and ingenious approaches. In this captivating guide, noted artist Jane Freeman shows readers, step by step, how to use modified kit components and found and handmade objects to create intensely detailed miniature constructions. Readers will learn the entire process of creating a miniature room, structure, or landscape, from selecting a container to choosing the subject, approach, and style. Page after page of wonderful, full-color examples display painstakingly accurate "portraits" of interiors and buildings (like a Hollywood studio and a trendy New York City retail store), imaginary opera sets (Don Giovanni, The Magic Flute) and even the studios of famous artists. The book also features the inspirational work of several other leading miniatures artists, including Susan Leopold, David Levinthal, Victoria and Richard MacKenzie-Childs, and Alan Wolfion.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Greenfield
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9780823003099
- ISBN: 0823003094
- Publication Year: 2002