Teaching English Language Learners: A Handbook For Elementary Teachers
Teaching English Language Learners is a handbook for elementary staff who work with English Language Learners, but who don't have specialized training in English language acquisition. The book is a handy reference that describes all stages of learning English, and how home language and culture affect English Language Learners in school. It provides a thorough picture of English Language Learners by describing English language levels, adjustment behaviors, family interactions and expectations, non-academic areas of need, and how to discern whether or not student difficulties are language based. It also offers practical strategies for teaching writing and describes general Project Based Learning activities appropriate for both large and small groups. The book supports classroom teachers, para-educators, volunteers, teachers in training, specialists and other adults working with elementary English Language Learners.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781475843866
- ISBN: 1475843860
- Publication Year: 2019