Tank Manual: Normandy 1944
How do you aim a tank gun? What are the best tactics on the battlefield? How cramped was it inside a Second World War tank? How did it feel to take a hit from enemy fire? Allied victory in the Second World War was due in no small part to the tanks and their crews who fought after D-Day in 1944. In order to beat the effective Panzer tanks and overwhelm the occupying German forces in France, the Allied tanks arrived in their thousands by landing craft and even by glider. The Tank Manual gathers together original documents about the key Allied tanks in the Battle of Normandy. This is a fascinating collection of manuals for crew, training instructions and battle reports. Most were supremely practical, others betray the harsh reality of fighting conditions, and show readers the guidance tank crew had to hand as they went into battle. The Tank Manual covers the US M4 Sherman Medium Tank and M5 Stuart Light Tank, and the British Cromwell and Churchill infantry tank.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amberley Pub Plc
- ISBN-13: 9781445678351
- ISBN: 1445678357
- Publication Year: 2018