Tales Of America
"These are living legends for me, and I tell them as I feel and live them." -- Burl Ives Burl Ives, born and bred in America, has tramped the country from one end to the other. By nature a collector of all kinds of things--songs, stories, tidbits of information--he has stored up a treasure of stories of the humorous and the adventurous people and the fabulous happenings that went into the making of America. The result is this book: warm, colorful, human--filled with his favorite tales, legends, and true narratives about America's past and America's people. You will find stories about such men and women as George Washington (a romantic in his youth), Pocahontas (more real than the history books let on), Bigfoot Wallace (maybe Texans are right about Texas after all), Mike Fink, Paul Buyan, Daniel Boone, including prospectors, whalers, ghosts, and pirates. These tales, told by America's best-loved folk singer, will be read and loved by people of all ages.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Transaction Pub Large Print
- ISBN-13: 9781412813051
- ISBN: 1412813050
- Publication Year: 2009