Take Control Of Tiger
If Mac OS X Tiger has you bewildered, it's time to regain the upper hand with Take Control of Tiger. Rather than have a single overworked author attempt to give you a brief overview of every imaginable topic, explaining none fully, Take Control assembled an all-star team, with each author dedicated to telling you everything you need to know about a particular subject. For each topic, you'll find a concise introduction, detailed explanations, useful tips, and step-by-step instructions, all amply illustrated. Best of all, you can receive free updates to each of the titles in this collection!Aimed at readers just like yourself, who aren't afraid to tinker around a bit to get the most out of their OS, this full-color volume shows you how to customize Mac OS X Tiger to fit your very specific needs. In the guide's four major sections-"Upgrading to Tiger," "Customizing Tiger," "Users and Accounts in Tiger," and Sharing Files in Tiger"-you'll find all the technical help and troubleshooting tips you need to ensure a smooth and speedy upgrade without any corresponding loss in productivity. In short order you'll learn how to create user accounts, take advantage of the new Spotlight search system, set up multiway video and audio conferences, and more.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson P T R
- ISBN-13: 9780321330178
- ISBN: 032133017X
- Publication Year: 2005