Sylvia Syms Sings
Superb 12-song long-player, derived from Sylvia Syms' October 1952 10" debut LP on Atlantic, and her 1954 Songs by Sylvia Syms. Delightful from the opener, a scintillating rendition of "Paradise," highlighted by Syms' dizzying interaction with Al Cohn's tenor sax, Danny Bank's baritone sax, and Don Elliott's trumpet. The songs tend to alternate between slow ballads (mostly backed by the Barbara Carroll Trio) and more up-tempo pieces, what they used to call "rhythm numbers," the former smoldering seductively and the latter showing Syms' more playful side. The sound on the Japanese reissue CD from the 1990s is great. ~ Bruce Eder, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Collectables
- UPC: 090431674826