Sweet Slices Of History
Marjory Szurko has written an account of the recipes she found, her wonderful recreation of the sweet dishes at events she ran at Oriel College, Oxford, and the history of the recipes. From Courtly Cuisine from the fourteenth century, through to Country House Confections in the early twentieth century, the reader will discover how to cook these rare sweets and recreate the past. Illustrated with photographs of the sweets and full descriptions of their unique tastes using the rare spices from the times; this is a book like no other on historical cookery. The authentic recreations of sweet dishes from historical recipes will make your mouth water.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prospect Books
- ISBN-13: 9781909248601
- ISBN: 1909248606
- Publication Year: 2019