Success In A Low Return World: Using Risk Management And Behavioral Finance To Achieve Market Outperformance
Following the Great Financial Crisis, the S&P 500 advanced more than 17 percent annualized from February 2009 through June 2018. At this pace, a buy-and-hold investor in the stock market would see their money double in 5 years and more than triple in 7 years. This performance has lulled many investors into thinking that such above-average returns will be with us into perpetuity. Unfortunately, this may not be the case. Far more likely, the return an investor may receive from the stock market will be slightly better than half the long-term average, about 5% to 7%. Most investment portfolios hold a greater allocation to stocks than any other class of investment asset. Massive amounts of wealth were created from the bull market since early 2009 providing institutions and individuals with a rising tide that lifted their portfolios above their goals without much effort. The environment of the future stands to be far less accommodating, so finding suitable investments (other than U.S. stocks) that can achieve the necessary returns (or make up the shortfall) will be a critical component of achieving goals in years to come. This book will explore those solutions.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Northgate
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9783319998541
- ISBN: 3319998544
- Publication Year: 2018