Studying Poetry is a fun, concise and helpful guide to understanding poetry which is divided into three parts, form and meaning, critical approaches and interpreting poetry, all of which help to illuminate the beauty and validity of poetry using a wide variety of examples, from Dylan Thomas to Bob Dylan. Key Features:An accessible and thought-provoking introduction to poetry which takes students through the essentials to enhance both their understanding and their appreciation. Contains a wonderfully diverse collection of poems, from Bob Dylan to Dylan Thomas, which truly engage the reader. The authors' style mixes humor with erudition and allows students to easily absorb the information they need without repetitive re-reading. New to this edition is a chapter on the importance of poetry which examines the many ways in which poetry is expressed in youth culture today. This second edition has also seen updates throughout and the introduction of some more contemporary poems to align with course curriculum.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Academic
- ISBN-13: 9780340985151
- ISBN: 0340985151
- Publication Year: 2011
- Edition: 2