Struck: A Husband?S Memoir Of Trauma And Triumph
One of life's biggest clich???s becomes a horrific reality when Douglas Segal's wife and daughter are hit head-on by a Los Angeles city bus. Following the accident, Segal began sending regular email updates to their circle of friends and family, a list that continued to grow as others heard of the event and were moved by the many emotional and spiritual issues it raised. Alternatingly harrowing, humorous, heartbreaking, and hopeful, Segal's memoir is an intimate and honest chronicle built around these email updates, and is a profound example of how people show up for one another in times of crisis. It is ultimately uplifting--a tribute to how love, determination, and the compassion of community all hold the power to heal, while also serving as an inspiring testament to the resilience of the human spirit when faced with pain and adversity.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB East Madison
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prospect Park Books
- ISBN-13: 9781945551383
- ISBN: 1945551380
- Publication Year: 2018