Street Corner Symphonies: The Complete Story Of Doo Wop, Vol. 10 (1958) [Digipak]
Picking up in 1958, the tenth volume of Bear Family's doo wop history Street Corner Symphonies captures the style at a peak. With rock & roll now in full swing, R&B and doo wop also flourished in the hearts of young America and you can hear plenty of love-struck songs and heartbreak here -- the gorgeous "Since I Don't Have You" by the Skyliners, the Crests' "16 Candles," Little Anthony & the Imperials' "Tears on My Pillow" -- and you can hear it reach beyond black vocal groups thanks to Dion & the Belmonts' "I Wonder Why." There are also R&B singles that aren't so strictly doo wop -- Jerry Butler & the Impressions' "For Your Precious Love," James Brown's "Try Me" -- but this remains a celebration of all the sweetness and nonsense that made doo wop great. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Bear Family Records (Germany)
- UPC: 4000127172884