Meet world-famous physicist Stephen Hawking and learn about his life and work in this engagingly illustrated biography. Known for both his bestselling books and his work on black holes, physicist Stephen Hawking beat the odds and lived with ALS--a form of motor neuron disease--for longer than doctors ever expected. This engrossing biography shows why Hawking is such an inspiring example of someone who pursued his dreams in spite of his disability. Born into a family of thinkers who loved reading books at the dinner table, Hawking got his love of science and math from his father. Follow his path to fame as he formulates his groundbreaking theory, works on expanding our ideas about the universe and its creation, and becomes a "rock-star scientist" who appeared in TV shows and films. Appealing illustrations, information on his breakthroughs and successes, and an index of major events reveal how Hawking left his mark on humanity. A timeline and simple quiz help kids test their understanding and knowledge.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: White Star Editions
- ISBN-13: 9788854413627
- ISBN: 8854413623
- Publication Year: 2019