Starday Years [Box]
A good demonstration of the many facets of Minnie Pearl would be welcome, but this isn't it. First, the program length of each of the three CDs in this set is approximately thirty minutes, which means that two CDs could have easily sufficed. Second, the studio musical numbers are spliced onto the end of live comedy performances without indexing, which means that listeners must manually scan through the comedy bits if they want to hear only the songs. Finally, no recording dates or session information is given, and the "color photographs" and "liner notes" advertised on the cover amount to two color photos the size of postage stamps (the rest are black and white) and a paragraph of text. Although The Starday Years provides a fair sampling of Minnie Pearl's comedy and music, this set promises more than it delivers. ~ Greg Adams, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Starday Records
- UPC: 012676350921