"Pain resulting from other men's follies causes Stand Proud's Frank Claymore to develop an iron will that heeds no man's judgment except his own, nor any woman's. Some of his decisions are wrong, and the price of pride proves high."-- Elmer KeltonThe jarring strike of the clock in the towering cupola drew Frank Claymore's unwilling eyes to the two-story courthouse.Frank Claymore is not easy to like--to admire, maybe, but not to like. He is cantankerous, stubborn, and intolerant--the very qualities that make him a success as an open-range cattleman on the West Texas frontier.In one of his most memorable novels, acclaimed Western writer Elmer Kelton follows Frank Claymore's life from the time of the Civil War to the dawn of the 20th century--through marriage, births, deaths, and a creeping change in the society that once hailed him as a hero, but which later has him condemned and tried for murder.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Mansfield
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Tor Books
- ISBN-13: 9780765360571
- ISBN: 0765360578
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: Reprint