The cutting-edge CCM artist returns with a vengeance on this, his only solo release of new material in the '90s. Targeting the Christian market more than the critically acclaimed Chagall Guevara eponymous release, Taylor has a few surprises for his fans. Most notable is a tribute to (not a satirization of) the guy at all the football games with the "John 3:16" sign on "Bannerman." Apparently he is satirizing listeners for being so cynical. The energy is high and the production is well done. The opener, "The Lament of Desmond R. G. Underwood IV," is a hard rocker with an uncompromising Christian message of the need for salvation and "Easy Listening," a reggae/ska-influenced number, satirizes the milk-toast nonactivist types who lack the courage of conviction. A fun album from beginning to end -- an end which features a dramatic "rock opera in three small acts" entitled "Cash Cow." Yes, Taylor has a knack for releasing one album every few years too many, but when they come, they deliver. ~ Mark W. B. Allender, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Warner Alliance
- UPC: 093624547921