Southern Accents: The Fiction Of Peter Taylor
This book is a thorough critical analysis of the novels and short stories of Peter Hillsman Taylor. The focus is upon the identification and exploration of Taylor's major themes: the effects of heritage upon the individual, the initiation experiences that lead to self-discovery, the conflict between tradition and change, the struggle for power and identity, and the influence of place and the past. The author demonstrates how the fiction articulates Taylor's identity as a modern Southerner from a traditional, affluent family, and she defines Taylor's place in the Southern literary tradition. Students, teachers, and fans of American literature and particularly of contemporary Southern fiction will appreciate this insightful book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Peter Lang Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780820418841
- ISBN: 0820418846
- Publication Year: 1994