Something Wicked This Way Comes
Released in 1998, Something Wicked This Way Comes offers Iced Earth virtually replicating their previous effort, The Dark Saga, but with somewhat less inspired results. "Burning Times," "Stand Alone," and "My Own Savior" are fine slabs of the classic metal/thrash metal combination the band has become known for, but they lack the spark of yesteryear. "1776" is a humdrum instrumental in the Iron Maiden mold, and while "Watching Over Me" and "Consequences" show the band breaking new melodic ground, "Disciples of the Lie" and "Blessed Are You" are two of the few truly memorable songs. Perhaps time limits are the real problem, as the band seems most at home during the extended compositions comprising the "Something Wicked" trilogy which closes the album. ~ Eduardo Rivadavia, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Century Media (USA)
- UPC: 727701791425