Soldier Studies: Cross Dressing In The Wehrmacht / Cross Dressing In Der Wehrmacht
In the course of his researches into war photography and the impact of images on how history is written, the German artist and collector Martin Dammann came across numerous amateur photographs of German soldiers dressed up as women. Dammann's discoveries are now presented for the first time in Soldier Studies: Cross-Dressing in der Wehrmacht, with pictures that provide surprising insights into the everyday lives and desires of German soldiers in World War II--from playful scenes of young recruits clowning around, to improvised disguises among close friends at the front, to carefully prepared performances in Allied POW camps. Essays by Martin Dammann and the critic and linguist Martin Prinzhorn classify the photographs into various categories.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hatje Cantz Verlag Gmbh & Co Kg
- ISBN-13: 9783775744836
- ISBN: 3775744835
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: Bilingual