Social And Emotional Learning
Universal school-based social and emotional learning (SEL) interventions seek to improve the social-emotional competencies (e.g. self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, responsible decision-making) of students through explicit instruction in the context of learning environments that are safe, caring, well-managed and participatory. In recent years, SEL has become a dominant orthodoxy in school systems around the world. In this important new book, leading researchers provide a comprehensive overview of the field, including conceptual models of SEL; the assessment of social and emotional competence in children and young people; key issues in the implementation of SEL interventions; the evidence base on the efficacy of SEL in improving students' outcomes; and critical perspectives on the emergence of SEL. It will be essential reading for anyone interested in the role of schools in promoting children's wellbeing. This book was originally published as a special issue of the Cambridge Journal of Education.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9780367000646
- ISBN: 0367000644
- Publication Year: 2018