Sites & Signs
Educated as an architect, the Swiss photographer Georg Aerni naturally gravitated toward subjects of architecture, urban space, and the design of landscapes in his art. An extraordinary care and attention to craft is inherent in all of his body of work, which includes architectural photography taken in Paris, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and most recently Mumbai, as well as a recent series on mankind's interventions in nature. With subtle colorfulness, Aerni's images allow the viewer to understand a city or landscape as a space of signs, which, although deserted, reveal a great deal about social conditions and our time.Sites and Signs is the first comprehensive monograph on Georg Aerni's work and includes essays on it in the context of contemporary photography and on images of architecture and landscapes.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Chicago Pr
- ISBN-13: 9783858813206
- ISBN: 3858813206
- Publication Year: 2011
- Edition: Bilingual