Shadows Of Heroes
January 1949, early in the undeclared Cold War, the U.S. diesel-electric submarine Kokanee has illegally penetrated deep into Soviet Union waters of the White Sea and is detected by a pair of Russian destroyers. Depth charges fall on Kokanee and seem on the verge of tearing the besieged ship apart. A vindictive Russian captain is determined to eradicate the Americans.Two U.S. intelligence agents have been put ashore, their mission: determine whether the Soviets are developing a nuclear powered submarine. Commander Terry Martin violated Kokanee's patrol orders and risks everything, including his career, against the long odds of acquiring information essential to the long term security of the United States.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781450529433
- ISBN: 1450529437
- Publication Year: 2009