Shades Of Grey: 1960s Lisbon In Novel, Film And Photobook
Castro examines three case studies: JosT Cardoso Pires's novel Balada da Praia dos Cpes, Eduardo Gageiro's photobook Lisboa no Cais da Mem=ria, and Fernando Lopes's film Belarmino. Here we see literature, film and photography used to challenge received ideas of urban history in the declining years of Portugal's Estado Novo dictatorship. But here too we see the very personal figure of the flGneur, the mobile individual who provides a narrative mechanism, a way of reading the city. Castro's innovative readings are augmented by theoretical appraoches to topics such as history and postmodernists literature, street photography, everyday life, documentary film and urban space.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Maney Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781906540678
- ISBN: 1906540675
- Publication Year: 2011