Sexualities Lost And Found: Lesbians, Psychoanalysis, And Culture
Description of Content: A feminist revolution has taken place in psychotherapy. Today the majority of clinicians and patients are women. But when it comes to women and same-sex desire, there continues to be an appalling blind-spot in the literature. This book illuminates controversy, contexts, and theories that often do violence to lesbian experience as it is actually lived, and fills a significant gap in the literature on the lesbian patient in the clinical situation. The contributors delineate major shifts in psychoanalytic understanding of the body, relatedness, subjectivity, desire, and the role of culture, and apply these to the question of same-sex desire in women.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Intl Universities Pr Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780823660629
- ISBN: 0823660621
- Publication Year: 2001