Directed by Benoit Jacquot, Starring Benoit Jacquot, Sandrine Kiberlain, Vincent Lindon, Francois Berleand, Philippe Magnan, Francine BergeWritten by Benoit Jacquot, Sandrine Kiberlain, Vincent Lindon, Francois Berleand, Philippe Magnan, Francine Berge
Parisienne mother Mathilde (Sandrine Kiberlain), who shares a large apartment with her surgeon husband Nico (Vincent Lindon), sometimes works at the legal business run by her mother (Francine Berge). With a stagnant sex life, the bored Mathilde prowls department stores to steal toys for her son. At a party with Nico, she realizes she's being watched by a doctor (Francois Berleand), and she spots him on the metro the following day. He tells her he's a psychiatrist, and they have their first session in a deserted restaurant. While the doctor's cure does appear to work for Mathilde, there's a trade-off: Nico's behavior becomes increasingly abnormal. This film has no connection to the earlier (1927, 1937) Hollywood films with the same title. Shown at the Venice and Toronto film festivals. Bhob Stewart, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Zeitgeist Films Ltd.
- UPC: 795975105033
- Region: Region [unknown]