Seduction: The Society Collection [Pa]
Seduction: The Society Collection (not to be confused with its 1982 Seduction release) concentrates on its early-'80s recordings for the Society label. These, keyboardist Lyndon Scarfe intimates his liner notes, were their best and most indie-oriented. It's not as rich in texture and other qualities as the most renowned goth of the era, and not as tuneless as the worst of it; it's somewhere in between. The group could have used more melody and diversity to more effectively convey its messages of angst and scarred modern landscapes -- an observation, true, that could apply to many acts working this territory. Some imaginative synthesizer lines and a few just-about-danceable beats are of some worth. But it's too droning and unvariegated to make a significant mark, and hard to distinguish from much other post-punk murk since the early '80s that has leaned on similar attributes. ~ Richie Unterberger, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Cherry Red
- UPC: 5013929330627