Securing The Solomons
World War II Pacific Theater of Operations lasted throughout the entire 3 1/2 year period of U.S. involvement - from the Battle of Wake Island in December 1941, through the Battle of Okinawa in April 1945. Many brutal and bloody events fell in-between these two bookends, but arguably none were as pivotal as the battles of the Solomon Islands. Repeat victories at the Solomons helped the Allies turn the tide against Japanese Imperialism during the conflict. Via a combination on onscreen cartography and archival footage - much of it shot in live combat - this box set of documentaries divides the struggle into four stages. Contents include: Midway - Japan Repulsed, Guadalcanal - The Southern Solomons, Northern Solomons - Preparing to Attach and Bougainville - Securing the Solomons. Nathan Southern, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Allegro Corporation ***
- UPC: 723721525064
- Region: Region 0