Secrets Of The Night
Directed by Herbert Blache, Starring Herbert Blache, Madge Bellamy, Edward Cecil, Arthur Stuart Hull, Otto Hoffman, James Kirkwood, Bull Montana, ZaSu Pitts, Tom Ricketts, Arthur Thalasso, Rosemary Theby, Anton Vaverka, Tom Wilson, Joe Singleton, Tom GuiseWritten by Herbert Blache, Madge Bellamy, Edward Cecil, Arthur Stuart Hull, Otto Hoffman, James Kirkwood, Bull Montana, ZaSu Pitts, Tom Ricketts, Arthur Thalasso, Rosemary Theby, Anton Vaverka, Tom Wilson, Joe Singleton, Tom Guise
This muddled murder mystery-comedy was based on the Max Marcin stage play The Night Cap. Bank president Robert Andrews (James Kirkwood) has loaned someone money out of the bank funds and he wants to distract the bank examiner from examining the books and discovering the shortage. So he invites him, and the directors, over to his house. All sorts of intrigue happens at the gathering -- Andrews argues with Jerry Hammond (Tom Ricketts), who is in love with his ward, Anne Maynard (Madge Bellamy). Lester Knoles (Arthur Stuart Hull), meanwhile, is jealous of Andrews' friendship with his wife (Rosemary Theby). In addition, we discover that Andrews has a life insurance policy that will cover the shortage should he die. Not too surprisingly, after some strange goings-on, Andrews is found dead in Mrs. Knoles' room. The police investigate and everybody seems to have a motive to kill Andrews. A lot of confusion ensues, until it is discovered that Andrews isn't really dead after all, and the man who he loaned the money shows up and straightens things out. It's also revealed that the bank examiner has given up his job in favor of selling real estate. Janiss Garza, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Traditions Alive
- UPC: 842614103612
- Region: Region [unknown]