Search And Rescue Dogs: Training The K 9 Hero
Winner 1991 Maxwell MedallionBest Special VolumeABOUT THE FIRST EDITION"...the techniques and the case studies here are so interesting that a read will prove rewarding to ordinary trainers and fanciers alike." --Publisher s WeeklyFrom the devastation of the World Trade Center to earthquakes in Central Asia, search and rescue dogs have proven invaluable in helping to find victims of disasters whether man-made or natural.First published in 1991 to critical acclaim, this newly expanded and revised edition of Search and Rescue Dogs: Training the K-9 Hero, contains original, updated content. Chapters describe cutting-edge training techniques used for wilderness, disaster, cadaver dogs, and water searches, and by state and federal disaster organizations such as FEMA.Search and Rescue Dogs: Training the K-9 Hero, 2nd Edition provides:* Clear, step-by-step lessons on training your dog for a variety of search and rescue operations* Ways to keep your dog and yourself safe in the face of disaster* Practical information on procedures and equipment for dogs, handlers, and human volunteers* The ultimate experience of the interdependence of Human and DogExtensive photographs illustrate real-life missions, including images of Ground Zero and the Pentagon taken by ARDA volunteers after September 11, 2001.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Howell Book House
- ISBN-13: 9781630261627
- ISBN: 1630261629
- Publication Year: 2002
- Edition: 2