Science Fiction Confidential: Interviews With 23 Monster Stars And Filmmakers
David Hedison, who plays a tiny human-headed insect menaced by a spider at the climax of The Fly (1958), says the moviemakers spoiled the scene by giving him a squeaky voice. "Imagine if, as the camera moved in closer, you actually heard me screeeeaming for my life. That is horror. That is horror." In Tom Weaver's eighth interview book, Hedison--and 22 other moviemakers--talk about their horror and science fiction movie experiences as part of such films and TV series as The Blob, It Came from Outer Space, Tarzan the Ape Man, Star Trek, The Wild Wild West, Somewhere in Time, The Devil Bat and Forbidden Planet. Among those interviewed are Dan O'Herlihy, Kate Phillips, John Alvin, Anthony Cardoza, Tod Griffin, Alex and Richard Gordon, Suzanne Kaaren, and Warren Stevens. Full credits are provided for the actors, actresses, and producers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McFarland Publishing
- ISBN-13: 9780786411757
- ISBN: 0786411759
- Publication Year: 2002