Sally Ride: The First American Woman In Space
Sally Ride soared into outer space on the Space Shuttle Challenger in 1983, the youngest astronaut and the first U.S. woman in space. Just 32 years old that year, this California girl was already an accomplished astrophysicist when NASA chose her from over 8,000 applicants to join its team of astronauts. Since then, Sally Ride has spent over 343 hours in space. At the time of the Challenger disaster in 1986, Sally was training for her next flight, but when it was postponed, she became one of the investigators of the accident. Since then, she has written several books introducing young readers to the subject of space exploration and encouraging them to study the sciences.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Library
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Crabtree Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9780778725411
- ISBN: 0778725413
- Publication Year: 2010