Sacred Places Of The Lowcountry: Lost Photographs From The Historic American Buildings Survey
These historic places of worship celebrate the rich cultural and spiritual traditions of the South with breathtaking architecture and stunning detail.This collection of images from the Historic American Buildings Survey, an effort to catalogue and document the architecture and building culture of America, captures the holiness and haunting beauty of over fifty sacred grounds in South Carolina. Through his selection of these photographs, William P. Baldwin attests to the awe that each site inspires and proves that "as they evoke that better, that sober and gentler angel of ourselves, they are indeed sacred places."
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Hamilton
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: History Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781596293465
- ISBN: 1596293462
- Publication Year: 2007