Saab 29 'flygande Tunnan'
The SAAB 29, called 'Flygande Tunnan' (in English, 'The flying barrel') was a Swedish fighter designed and manufactured by SAAB in the 1940s. It was Sweden's second turbojet-powered combat aircraft, the first being the SAAB 21R; additionally, it was the first Western European fighter to be produced with swept wing after the war, the Me 262 being the first during WWII. Despite its rotund appearance from which its name derives, the SAAB 29 was a fast and agile aircraft for its era. It served effectively in both fighter and fighter-bomber roles into the 1970s. This book is the most comprehensive on the SAAB Tunnan yet published, with numerous photographs of the aircraft in service, several of which have never been published before, walkaround photographs of the preserved aircraft, illustrations from contemporary manuals, and specially commissioned colour artwork.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Mushroom Model Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9788365281340
- ISBN: 8365281341
- Publication Year: 2017