Rows Of Chester: The Chester Rows Research Project
The 'Rows of Chester' are a unique system of walkways running through the frontages of buildings on four of the main streets of the city, providing access to shops at the first floor level. Almost a decade of historical and archaeological research on this medieval two-tier complex of shops is detailed in this report. This inter-disciplinary research project combined archaeological ,historical and documentary evidence, with detailed analysis of the topography and history of the early medieval buildings, building materials and techniques. Their remarkable survival to the present day is also a subject of discussion.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: English Heritage
- ISBN-13: 9781850746294
- ISBN: 185074629X
- Publication Year: 1999