Roots In The Great Plains: The Applied Psychology Of Harry Hollingworth
Harry Levi Hollingworth was one of the pioneers in the field known today as industrial-organizational psychology. He was the author of more than twenty books and one hundred scientific and theoretical articles. His honors were many. In 1940, Hollingworth took stock of his life in an autobiography that focused on his origins in rural Nebraska and his career as a psychologist at Columbia University. For the first time, this autobiography is now available. This book provides an intimate account of the life and career of a very successful applied researcher who claims that the applied problems to which he devoted virtually his entire life were never of interest to him and that he did such work only for the money. The paradox of this claim offers considerable insight into the prejudices faced by applied scientists and how Hollingworth tried to separate himself from his own accomplishments. This book is part of a two-volume set called The Applied Psychology of Harry Hollingworth: Volumes I and II, ISBN 978-1-935603-65-8. Volume II is From Coca-Cola to Chewing Gum, ISBN 978-1-935603-54-2.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Akron Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781935603641
- ISBN: 1935603647
- Publication Year: 2012