Romantic Reggae, Vol. 9
So smooth that one starts to wish for a little "down with Babylon" roots reggae passion about halfway through, this collection of Jamaican romantic offerings still manages to rise above blandness in spots. Freddie McGregor brings a whole lot of soulfulness to "Searching" and Lloyd Brown's "Black Bags" is impossibly catchy, as is Archie Wonder's skipping take on "Piece of My Heart," but unless one is hopelessly in love (when even an air hammer sounds like a love ballad), this set slides a bit too much to the easy, soft side of things. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Jet Star (USA)
- UPC: 649035323021