Romance Of Rosy Ridge
Directed by Roy Rowland, Starring Roy Rowland, James Bell, William Bishop, Jim Davis, Charles Dingle, Elisabeth Risdon, Van Johnson, Guy Kibbee, Paul Langton, Janet Leigh, Selena Royle, Russell Simpson, Dean Stockwell, Marshall Thompson, O.Z. Whitehead, Thomas Mitchell, Joyce ArlingWritten by Roy Rowland, James Bell, William Bishop, Jim Davis, Charles Dingle, Elisabeth Risdon, Van Johnson, Guy Kibbee, Paul Langton, Janet Leigh, Selena Royle, Russell Simpson, Dean Stockwell, Marshall Thompson, O.Z. Whitehead, Thomas Mitchell, Joyce Arling
Janet Leigh made an impressive film-debut in MGM's The Romance of Rosy Ridge. Though the title suggests a lighthearted musical, the film is actually a fairly sober adaptation (with slight comic undertones) of a novel by Mackinlay Kantor. In the days following the Civil War, a Missouri farming community lives in a state of constant tension due to conflicting pro-North and pro-South sentiments. Into this situation ambles ex-Union soldier Henry Carson (Van Johnson), who briefly camps out at the farm of unforgiving Confederate sympathizer Gill MacBean (Thomas Mitchell). Suspecting that Carson is up to no good, MacBean is sure of it when the handsome stranger begins courting MacBean's daughter Lissy Anne (Leigh). Things come to a head dramatically when the heretofore easygoing Carson comes face to face with a band of hooded, night-riding barn burners who've been fomenting discord among the farmers. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316343432
- Region: Region [unknown]