Rod Taylor: An Aussie In Hollywood
Before Sam Worthington and Hugh Jackman, before Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson... there was Rod Taylor. For over 20 years Rod Taylor was the biggest Australian movie name in Hollywood, starring in such films as The Time Machine, The Birds and The VIPs. Best known for his action roles, he was equally adept at romantic comedies and dramas, working with the A-list of the 60s and 70s: Doris Day, John Wayne, Hitchcock, Elizabeth Taylor, Disney, Jane Fonda, Antonioni - and many more. At a time when Australians could rarely see or hear themselves on screen, Rod Taylor helped keep his country in the public eye, and paved the way for the Aussie actors who followed him. Rod Taylor: An Aussie in Hollywood is the first full-length biography of this pioneering Australian film star. It's the thrilling story of a working-class Sydney boy who went to Hollywood, took on the Americans at their own game on their own turf in one of the toughest industries there is - and won. It's also the story of a talented actor who was almost brought down by the demons of alcohol and ego, but who ultimately overcame them to triumph. A must for all Rod Taylor fans.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781593935115
- ISBN: 1593935110
- Publication Year: 2010